* Daniel Vogelbacher <dan...@chaospixel.com> [03-14-20 13:34]:
> On 3/14/20 5:54 PM, Amandine p. wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I downloaded darktable today on Linux to use it with my raw pictures but
> > it seems that RAW CR3 files are not supported by darktable.
> >
> > Is there a way to make the import possible ? Do I miss a package to
> > install first ?
>
> CR3 is a new format developed by Canon. No open source project has
> support for CR3 so far, because the format specification is not public
> available.
>
> If you want to help, just write a (friendly) email to Canon asking if
> they want to support Free Open Source Software and release a
> specification for CR3.
> Don't expect much, but if more people letting know Canon that there is a
> need for open specifications, Canon will maybe change their strategy.
>

> Good point to start: https://global.canon/en/support/

Definitely, but,
  I believe rawtherapee is supporting cr3, maybe ....
  https://rawtherapee.com/downloads/5.8/

    CR3 support: image data is decoded so you can process your raw files,
    but metadata is not supported yet. If you have an ICC or DCP input
    profile for your CR3-producing camera, you will need to point
    RawTherapee to it manually (Color tab > Color Management > Input
    Profile > Custom)

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode