On Wed, Jul 29, 2020, at 11:16, Matt Maguire wrote:

> More information on the profiling process here:
> https://encrypted.pcode.nl/blog/2010/06/28/darktable-camera-color-profiling/

For anyone considering the use of custom input profiles, this is another good
read:

 https://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/well-behaved-camera-profile.html

It isn't darktable-specific, but if you understand darktable you can relate the
concepts... and TBH, that other tutorial is so old that it might as well be
about a different app too. ;-)

(Personally, I find the standard matrix for my camera to be adequate for
general purposes now, using the linear RGB workflow with the
soon-to-be-released filmic v4... the fact that many of the worst indoor light
sources seem to be improving these days also helps reduce the need to profile
for that reason.)

--
jys