* Michael <bmi...@gmail.com> [08-24-20 14:21]:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 1:53 PM Patrick Shanahan <p...@opensuse.org> wrote:
> >
> > * Jason Polak <jpo...@jpolak.org> [08-24-20 11:56]:
> > > I wonder though if some of that is not the psychology of used first vs.
> > > second, though. Because, I started out with darktable, and only years
> > > later did I try lightroom, and I found doing things in Lightroom
> > > confusing even after half an hour with it. And when I first started out
> > > with darktable, I found it pretty intuitive.
> >
> > have to agree with this.  It has been my experience.  Try rawtherapee if
> > you want to experience another *completely* different work path.
> >

> Is that why we prefer dt?

we as "most of this list's users" I would think.

but many user rt and other software.

I once tried lightroom and was completely lost.  Went back to bibble, but
bibble abandoned it's users for $$$s from Corel who fsck everything and I
changed to dt which presented a workflow quite similar, and have never
looked back.

AND, I have used the master/development version most of that time.
I have *never* lost an image as a fault of dt or the particular version,
or my library.

I have had to vacuum and "pragma integrity_check", where I once could not
open the library.  But I also had backups, but would have lost two
sessions of work, maybe 800 image worth, if I had to use the backup.

dt just works!

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode