The channel mixer in dt, as it is in Raw Therapee and GIMP, is a GUI. What
you need to understand is mixing. Here's a video that has the use of
channel mixer at the beginning of the editing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUP1TxVeL44

Here's a guide that I developed to help me understand what happens:

*Red channel*:

Increase green slider, which increases red where there is green and
therefore *the hue shifts to* *yellow* until you get to blue, and then *the
hue shifts to* *magenta*.

Decrease green slider, which decreases red where there is yellow and
therefore *increases* *green*.

Increase blue slider, which increases red where there is blue and
therefore *the
hue shifts to* *magenta* until you get to green, and then *the hue shifts
to* *yellow*.

Decrease blue slider, which decreases red where there is magenta and
therefore *increases* *blue*.

Increase red slider, and *the hue shifts to* *yellow* where there is green
mixed with red and *the hue shifts to* *magenta* where there is blue mixed
with red.

Decrease red slider, which decreases red and *increases* *green* where
there is cyan and *increases* *blue* where there is magenta.

*Green channel*:

Increase red slider, which increases green where there is red and
therefore *the
hue shifts to* *yellow* until you get to blue, and then *the hue shifts to*
*cyan*.

Decrease red slider, which decreases green where there is yellow and
therefore *increases* *red*.

Increase blue slider, which increases green where there is blue and
therefore *the hue shifts to* *cyan* until you get to red, and then *the
hue shifts to* *yellow*.

Decrease blue slider, which decreases green where there is cyan and
therefore *increases* *blue*.

Increase green slider, and *the hue shifts to* *cyan* where there is blue
and *the hue shifts to* *yellow* where there is red.

Decrease green slider, which decreases green and *increases* *red* where
there is yellow and *increases* *blue* where there is cyan.

*Blue channel*:

Increase red slider, which increases blue where there is red and therefore *the
hue shifts to* *magenta* until you get to green, and then *the hue shifts
to* *cyan*.

Decrease red slider, which decreases blue where there is magenta and
therefore *increases* *red*.

Increase green slider, which increases blue where there is green and
therefore *the hue shifts to* *cyan* until you get to red, and then *the
hue shifts to* *magenta*.

Decrease green slider, which decreases green where there is cyan and
therefore *increases* *green*.

Increase blue slider, which *the hue shifts to* *cyan* where there is green
and *the hue shifts to* *magenta* where there is red.

Decrease blue slider, which decreases blue and *increases* *red* where
there is magenta and *increases* *green* where there is cyan.