After playing around with the channel mixer on some pictures, I get an odd effect sometimes. Just enabling the module with default settings sometimes affects the picture, the histogram jumps to the left and I lose detail in the highlights. Seems to happen when I also use filmic RGB. Is this intended, or a bug?

On 2020-09-01 21:04, Mikael Ståldal wrote:
I have tried to use the channel mixer module, but I don't quite understand it. I have only been able to effectively use the presets.

I have read the user manual, but it didn't help much.

I also looked at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGvkSTjjtMw
but it seems like Bruce Williams was quite confused as well.

Any suggestions for documentation or tutorials?