Am 01.10.20 um 18:06 schrieb Germano Massullo:
Il 01/10/20 17:40, Peter McD ha scritto:
Am 01.10.20 um 16:43 schrieb Germano Massullo:
AMD RX480 + Fedora user here.
I am using the GPU with amdgpu (open) drivers for everything.
When I have to use darktable, I use the proprietary amdgpu-pro OpenCL
drivers. In order to prepare the environment, you have to download the
amdgpu-pro drivers from AMD website
Unpack the tar.xz file in a folder let's call it
/home/user/unpacked
After that, there will be a folder
/home/user/unpacked/amdgpu-pro
that contains subfolders
amdgpu-pro-install  repodata  RPMS  SRPMS
go in RPMS and take all RPM files that are in subfolder
/home/user/unpacked/amdgpu-pro/x86_64
and put them together someelsewhere, for example
/home/user/amd_opencl
then unpack them all.
You will get
/home/user/amd_opencl/etc/
/home/user/amd_opencl/lib/
/home/user/amd_opencl/opt/
/home/user/amd_opencl/usr/

Then to run darktable
OPENCL_VENDOR_PATH=/home/user/amd_opencl/etc/OpenCL/vendors/
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/amd_opencl/opt/amdgpu-pro/lib64/ darktable

This is REALLY interesting!
Anyone out there who has tried it with openSUSE, preferably with
Tumbleweed?

IMHO it should really work because the RPM drivers I downloaded are not
for Fedora, but for RHEL/CentOS

I'll try it at the weekend.

Peter