Hello to all

As a user of macs since more than two decades I am now convinced, that I shall
change the platform to Linux in the next future. I am aware that there are
quite a few things to think of. Regarding darktable with a library of appprox
25’000 photos, which I moved from LR to dt only about a year ago, I am most
concerned, that all the developments I did to the files will be available in
the new setup and will not get lost. Is there a written process for such a
procedure or can I simply import the files with their sidecarfiles into the
knew machine based on Linux and all the things I did to these photos will  be
there?
Any advice I shall much appreciate, thank you

kind regards
Peter Schlaufer
Landenbergstrasse 19
CH-6005 Luzern