It's because the favorites tab is made redundant having the ability to
fully customise your groups. if for some reason you want a favorites tab,
then no worries, just create a module group called "favourites" (you can
even use a "star" icon for it, like we used to have), and assign whatever
favourite modules you want to your new custom favourites group.