Another obscure  ... but useful tip

On 2021-01-05 3:33 a.m., thokster wrote:
Am 05.01.21 um 11:40 schrieb Jim Robinson:

    * David Vincent-Jones <david...@gmail.com
    <mailto:david...@gmail.com>> [01-04-21 22:19]:
    > After a rebuild I am finding that I am not seeing multiple
    folder levels
    > at 'collect images' ...  as I remember there is a switch to set the     > number of levels but I do not remember where it is or was.  ..  Will
    > somebody please jog my old memory.

I think that I am observing the same issue with master compiled yesterday (3.5.0+426~g3e30462e8) on both Windows and linux. Under 'collect images - folders' the 'selection box' is now a single row in height with a scroll bar on the right,
Try ctrl-scroll
rather than the old drop down list and this is independent of the number of folder levels selected in the preferences.  I have yet to explore backwards in commits, but there seem to have been a number of changes to 'collect' recently.  Maybe this change is intentional, but I find it very inconvenient.