* Butch Carpenter <csc...@gmail.com> [11-06-21 16:18]:

> On 11/6/21 3:59 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Butch Carpenter <csc...@gmail.com> [11-06-21 14:25]:

> >> 1. Sorry about the last reply.  I accidentally hit Reply instead of
> >>
> >> 2. I did the Vacuum step with no change.
> >>
> >> 3. The install created a Menu item with that command to launch darktable.
> >>
> >> 4. Both processes were running.  I killed them in the order you
> >> recommended.
> >>
> >> I still get
> >>
> >> /usr/bin/darktable
> >> [init] can't drop table images_old
> >> [init]   FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
> >> [init] database `library.db' couldn't be upgraded from version 32 to 34.
> >> aborting
> >> ERROR : cannot open database
> > what are the permissions on your db
> >  ls -la /home/<user>/.config/darktable/library.db
>
> do you have a great number of photos in your library?
>
> > do you save the xmp files along side your images?
> >
> > you might remove the library.db and reimport your images, if you have the
> > xmp files, they contain your editing history.
>
> Permissions are -rw-r--r--
>
> ~32,000 images
>
> Yes, I have the xmp files in the same directories as my images,  one
> directory per shooting session

permissions s/b fine
I would re-import my images to a clean library.db
start it at night and you should be good to go the next morning

fwiw, I once imported 120k images.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode
What sort of day was it? A day like all days, filled with those events that
alter and illuminate our times... all things are as they were then, but
were you there?