* Butch Carpenter <csc...@gmail.com> [11-06-21 18:35]:

> On 11/6/21 4:48 PM, Tony Arnold wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, 6 Nov 2021 at 18:23, Butch Carpenter <csc...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:csc...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> >     On 11/6/21 12:27 PM, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> >>     * Butch Carpenter <csc...@gmail.com> <mailto:csc...@gmail.com>
> >> [11-06-21 12:12]:

> > My concern here would be the table 'images_old' and why it can't be
> > dropped. I don't think such a table is normally present. I'd take a
> > look at the db with a suitable sqlite browser and see if it's there
> > and what the foreign key constraints are on it. Possibly try and drop
> > the table manually (take a back up first!)
> >
> > Just a thought.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tony.
> >
> There is no image_ old object anywhere within my entire system.  That
> includes / and all connected media.  So that is a mystery that the
> developers would need to investigate.  In any case, I have deleted
> library.db and begun importing my collection.  Only 1200 or so more to go.

fwiw: I have no table, images_old in my library.db
removing that table from library.db might solve your problem

just for what-ever reason, you might move your new library.db and replace
it with the old library.db and use something like sqlitebrowser to remove
the table images_old.  then try to use dt as when you did before.  but
when you start dt from the command-line, use:
  /usr/bin/darktable
  w/o the %U

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode
What sort of day was it? A day like all days, filled with those events that
alter and illuminate our times... all things are as they were then, but
were you there?