*Van: *Hieke van Hoogdalem <hieke.vanhoogda...@gmail.com>
*Datum: *dinsdag 25 januari 2022 om 16:59
*Aan: *Top Rock Photography <ka...@toprockphotography.com>,
<darktable-user@lists.darktable.org>
*Onderwerp: *Re: [darktable-user] How to add more black

Tnx! That was what I was looking for. I always work with the clipping
indicators on – tnx!

Hartelijke groet,

Hieke van Hoogdalem

signature_115740406

*Van: *Top Rock Photography <ka...@toprockphotography.com>
*Datum: *dinsdag 25 januari 2022 om 16:06
*Aan: *<darktable-user@lists.darktable.org>

You can use the [exposure] module to do so, with the [black level correction]
slider. Use gingerly. I would use it with {clipping indication} toggled on, and
stop increasing when the blacks in the subject* start to indicate clipping.
I.e., that area is within 2% (by default, but adjustable), of being clipped, or
already clipped.

*What constitutes, “subject” of your image is entirely up to you.

Sincerely,

Karim Hosein

Top Rock Photography

754.999.1652

On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 at 07:58, Hieke van Hoogdalem