if I understand this correctly this is what you want:
https://github.com/darktable-org/lua-scripts/blob/master/contrib/OpenInExplorer.lua
see also
https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/development/de/module-reference/utility-modules/lighttable/lua-scripts-installer/

--

regards
Bernhard

https://www.bilddateien.de

Christian Birzer schrieb am 28.01.22 um 22:16:
Hi all,

Is there any way to open the folder in the collections panel where a image is located? I
mean something like right click on the thumbnail in lighttable and "go to
folder" which opens the folder view in collections and get me to the right folder.

My image workflow and organization is very folder centric (have hierarchical
folders for years and dates etc.). When I select images e.g. from tags, I would
then be able to jump to the folder containing a special image.
I know that I can double click on the filmroll in image information to jump to
the filmroll. But I didn't get used to filmrolls by now because its a flat list
without my folder hierarchy. The folder view gives me the option to go up one
level and see all images from all subfolders at once.

BTW: Has anyone an idea why dt doesn't use a main menu and context menues on the thumbnails? I
mean, the buttons in the "selected images" and "history stack" etc. panels
could also be located in a context menu...? And a couple of other things could be located in a main
menu... Just wondering...

Thanks in advance!
Christian

--