I have been trying to solve a filmic puzzle.  With an absolute minimum of modules in the pipe-line and with a correctly exposed image .... filmic insists on placing the black slider at the extreme left side. In other words it is failing (I think) to correctly analyze my image shadow data.

The white slider appears to be correctly located.

Previously when I discussed this problem it was suggested that some 'older' modules were the cause of the problem but with current tests, using only the barest of input, the problem persists. It appears that filmic is simply expanding the dark areas on all occasions.

Any ideas?

David