Hi Patrick

You have been, in my opinion, overly quick to have users file a bug report, without considering that others may see the problem differently, or even not see the problem at all. IMO this forum is a fine way of airing difficulties, gathering the opinions of others and making a final decision as to whether the point is worth bothering the busy developers.

I understand that you are trying to be helpful .... but ....

On 2022-04-22 05:19, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Alex Delaforce<123.adelafo...@gmail.com>  [04-21-22 23:25]:
Hi,
Running latest available non-dev release on linux (EndeavourOS - arch base)
- 3.8.1

When I add a simple text watermark, the text disappears from the darktable
image as soon as I change it from the standard text to my text. I have
tried changing the colour, the scale and moving the x and y sliders but
cannot see the simple text watermark.

The text that's been added sometimes reappears when the software is closed
and reopened.
Just now I  added text to one image - text not visible
Closed and reopened dt - text visible in dt view
Changed to a different image and added text watermark - the watermark from
the first image not visible.

Rendered jpegs of the two images above do not show a text watermark.
If I now go back to dt, one of the image previews in lighttable grid view
shows a watermark the other doesn't - the one that shows doesn't show the
watermark in darkroom view. The one that doesn't show the added watermark
in lighttable view does show in darkroom view.

I had a similar issue in a previous version - I think it was 3.6.x but I
can't remember if this was rectified during the dot-point updates for the
version.

Does anyone have a similar issue or any suggestions - could it be my linux
distro (arch in the form of EndeavourOS)?
you should file a bug report:
   https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/issues/new/choose