Since Mike is trying to open a fuji ARW camera file I am not sure why GIMP
is trying to use a Nikon plugin for the task. I am on windows and using the
latest version of GIMP and DT 4.1 and I can open the ARW files fine via
GIMP. Maybe a fresh install of GIMP may help. That might be a sledgehammer
approach, but the program is so easy to download and install that it would
not take much effort.

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 at 15:35, Bernhard <darkta...@intervalsignals.org>
wrote:

> Terry Pinfold schrieb am 19.07.22 um 01:10:
> > Hi Mike,
> >      I presume you are the Mike I have communicated with before from
> Florida?
> >
> > If I want to work an image in GIMP and Darktable I use the open feature
> in GIMP and being a RAW file it opens the image in DT. I do the necessary
> edits in DT and then just shutdown DT and the image is moved automatically
> across to GIMP as a 32 bit floating point file. I then edit the image in
> GIMP and export as normal. The other way I use the two programs together is
> to edit in DT first, export as a 16 bit tiff and then open the 16 bit tiff
> in GIMP.  I appreciate that these may not be the solutions you are looking
> for but it works well for my needs.
> >
> > On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 at 04:09, Michael <bmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >     I can't start a raw file in Gimp via darktable and was wondering if
> any one  has solved/has this problem?
> >
> >     --
> >     :-)~MIKE~(-:
> >
> I think it's like attached Mike is speaking of??
> File - open - [Dialog to find folder] - [select image] - ...
>
> --
>
> regards
> Bernhard
>
> https://www.bilddateien.de