It seems a fresh install of GIMP fixed the problem for Mike. Some of his
messages only came to me so you may have missed that it was resolved. Also
ARW files are sony and it was my error to believe they were Fuji.
Sledgehammers are some times good with Windows computers. Some linux or Mac
users might recommend sledge hammers for all Windows computers 😀

On Tue, 19 Jul 2022 at 16:28, Bernhard <darkta...@intervalsignals.org>
wrote:

> Terry Pinfold schrieb am 19.07.22 um 07:46:
> > Since Mike is trying to open a fuji ARW camera file I am not sure why
> GIMP is trying to use a Nikon plugin for the task. I am on windows and
> using the latest version of GIMP and DT 4.1 and I can open the ARW files
> fine via GIMP. Maybe a fresh install of GIMP may help. That might be a
> sledgehammer approach, but the program is so easy to download and install
> that it would not take much effort.
> since Mike is *not* specific of what error occurs I tried to verify we
> speak of the same thing - hence the screenshot.
> So I have to take what I have - Nikon, Panasonic, Olympus ...
>
> Reinstall ... ok, Windows approach ... I am out here ...
>
> --
>
> regards
> Bernhard
>
> https://www.bilddateien.de