Hello,

dt 4.0 repo / Ubuntu 20.04 LTS / Dell E5540 16 GB RAM / 1To SSD, photos on external DD.

This is the second time this happens since running dt 4.0 : pasting development to a series of photos, dt suddenly freezes and nothing responds anymore. After over one hour waiting in vain, I have to kill dt. Then, the external DD displays garbage and cannot be accessed anymore. So I have switch the computer off.
When I restart it, te DD is no more mountable, nor accessible by Gparted.
The only way to read it is memtest, which sees the partition and the files but, in the second part, detects inconsitency in sectors sizes. It takes about two hours before the scan is finished, so I can copy the backup fat onto the main one, and all is fine again. I hope it will end soon, so I can check all ran fine, but this is how I did the first time. The question is : is there a chance dt has stored some crash report somewhere, so I can attach it when I create the bug report ?

Thx,

J.-Luc