Le 17/08/2022 à 13:45, Patrick Shanahan a écrit :
* Jean-Luc <jean-luc.cecc...@wanadoo.fr> [08-17-22 06:12]:
Le 16/08/2022 à 23:17, I. Ivanov a écrit :
On 8/16/22 13:59, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Jean-Luc <jean-luc.cecc...@wanadoo.fr> [08-16-22 16:42]:
I would definitely try another external drive and maybe try to store
on a
local drive and move the files after finishing.

Agree with Patrick.

It is more likely the DD responds with corrupting the data because of
the operation (writing xml I expect) than Darktable actually doing
something wrong.

If it is a spin disk – you may want to check it for bad sectors. But
what Patrick suggest should take the disk out of the equation
completely.

Regards,

Hello,

First, it is Testdisk, not memtest - I do not know why I always mention the
second instead of the first... 😬
And I do not know as well why I wrote the scan lasts two hours, since it
takes more than twelve. 😬😬
And, yes, does not really reflect the reality : as I have still not upgraded
to 22.04, the problem might be caused by anything else than dt itself, so a
log would have been a good starting point.
My interrogation was whether dt coul have saved a crash dump though launched
as usual - ie with no commuter, aso. The answear is obviously no,
unfortunately.
The last time it happened I ran a full test after restoration (another 12+
hours) and no bad sector was detected.
In any case, I have a backup of the files, I just need to get the sidecars
then I can copy to another disk and restart clean.
you are still not eliminating possibilities with your current approach.
Yes, I do, since I intend to copy the files to another disk. I just need to retrieve my sidecars first.
try first to export to a local disk.
That might not be really relevant, the problem does not occur systematically. Only two times since dt upgrade and heavy work (reworking my whole images collection, 24k+ photos).
also try to another removable drive.
See above, 1st reply.
I doubt "22.04" is the problem.

It is not, since I still have not upgraded. So, rather *my* 20.04 install with
dt4 - if even.
I have installed lots of stuff, and restarting from a fresh 22.04 clean install
might be the solution.
However, restoration is still in progress, so I have to wait a little bit more.

Rgrds,

J.-Luc