On dimanche 26 février 2023 13:04:39 CET tony Hamilton wrote:
(...)
> The whole process is most unsatisfactory. It can best be described
> through an analogy: it was what I expect would be the experience of a
> blind person driving a busload of passengers along the narrow track a
> couple of hundred metres up in the gorge of the Jinshan River near Hu
> tiao xia in Yunnan Province - with verbal instructions (in local Yunnan
> dialect) being given by a highly experienced master co-driver who was
> having his lunch at the same time. 'Ah, yes, I should have warned you
> about that fragile part of the track before you drove into it - it's
> just that I don't have to think about it now after so many trips. Not to
> worry; only 95% fatalities. We have enough salvageable bits to rebuild
> the bus'.

No need to be overly dramatic, if you can't get your head around the
compilation process, there will be ready-made packages available.

Just not necessarily the day (or week) a new version is announced, the
packagers are volunteers with other demands on their time.

But if you do not want to wait, you'll have to *learn* how to compile from
source. Yes, that process takes time, the first time around. No, there are no
shortcuts, complaining it's too complicated doesn't help (if anything, it will
get you *less* help).

Remco