On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 9:47 PM GianLuca Sarto <glsa...@tiscali.it> wrote:

> I have always worked with "write sidecar on import" flagged, assuming
> that after that, any edit would be copied to xmp.

Yes, that's how it's supposed to work (
https://darktable-org.github.io/dtdocs/en/preferences-settings/storage/#xmp
)

Is there anything like a darktable user? the files are in my folders,
> and I am the owner...

No, everything should be under your user name, so it seems to be OK.

Before chasing a wild unicorn: it's the problem reproducible? It happens
everytime you edit an image, most of the time, sometimes, only that one
time? If the latter, it may have been a crash or something that prevented
darktable from saving the edits that single time, and there is nothing to
worry further about.

Regards,
Guillermo