On 31/7/23 00:20, Wayne Carl wrote:

Andrew:

I am using an Ubuntu system. I simply unmount the Camera using the File Manager, ant then all works well. Hope this helps.

In His service,

Wayne

On 7/30/23 00:58, Andrew Greig wrote:

Dear all,

I have read the chapter in the Fine Manual on tethering, but I have an issue with the system capturing the camera before darktable can assert itself. If I am lucky the icon for the attached camera appears on my Linux Mint Desktop, then I can unmount the camera and get darktable to mount it. It appears in lsusb  as Easy Camera.

My best case scenario would be to make darktable the default, and the heck with anything else. But that is beyond my skill level.

I am hoping to run a ZOOM meeting on Thursday night where a tethered camera is required.

Gratefully

Andrew Greig

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your contribution

I was testing my gear and initially the icon would appear on my desktop, but now it doesn't.

I had success with shooting tethered but darktable is still a bit flaky, so when it drops out the other process mounts, then I have to find the icon again and unmount that system manually. So I would rather be rid of the competitor. then when darktable drops all I have to do is hit the mount camera button in dt and I am back on track. I don't plug the camera in to upload my files, and I rarely shoot tethered, it is a sure fire way to slow down a session.
 Andrew