On mercredi 27 décembre 2023 14:04:30 CET Andrew Greig wrote:
> I have backed up my ~config/darktable of 4.4.2 and
>
> I have issues with the installation, what is best? apt snap or flatpack?
> why do we have such a shit fight?
> In 2002 I was using Mandrake and it was as smooth as.  Best detection
> and configuration of hardware because of the outstanding installer, but
> here we are 21 years later and things are really shit!!
(...)

Darktable team can only provide so many binary packages. If they don't provide
a package for your distribution, you'll have to wait until someone else
prepares one.

The latest version was published dec. 21, that's about a week ago, with
christmas in that week. Some of the packagers might have had other obligations
during that time?

And of course, if you are in a hurry, you can always download the source code
and compile dt yourself. Apart from a possible hurdle concerning compiler
versions(*), it's not that difficult. (it's what I did...)

 (*: you need at least GCC 12, and then best use "export CC=gcc-12;export
CXX=g++-12" before starting the build)