On 12/27/23 05:04, Andrew Greig wrote:

I have backed up my ~config/darktable of 4.4.2 and

I have issues with the installation, what is best? apt snap or flatpack? why do we have such a shit fight? In 2002 I was using Mandrake and it was as smooth as.  Best detection and configuration of hardware because of the outstanding installer, but here we are 21 years later and things are really shit!!

I would like to install 4.6 because I purchased an Olympus TG-7, and DT can open the .orf files.

Normally I would wait three months before upgrading but I am keen to open the .orf files I have saved but have not been able to open.

Kind regards

Andrew

On Ubuntu 22.04, I got update notification on next day, updated it. No issues at all. I have added https://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=graphics:darktable&package=darktable to my update site. Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Niranjan