Roy,

Thanks for the reply.  That does help us replicate the :unique => true bit
of what we want, but our bigger problem is calling like Keyword.first(:text
=> "Polish"), and getting the row for "polish" instead since it appears
first in the data store.  We had talked about extending methods like .first
for the Keyword class to account for this, but that seemed less elegant than
declaring the correct property data type.

Thanks,

-J