Searching the group I noticed this question has been asked before, but
without much response: Is there a way to disable eager loading for a
particular relation? If not, for my entire installation? If there
isn't any easy way, maybe just a hint as to what source file this
logic is contained in.. Hopefully this is logic is not tightly coupled
our spread about various files.

I'm having the issue that I'm calling something like
"thing.widgets.count" and instead of querying with something like
"select count(*) from widgets where widgets.thing_id = #{id}" I keep
running out of my already small amount of Dreamhost memory with a
query like "select id,name,description from widgets where
widgets.thing_id = #{id}". I think I redefined this method but still
had the same problem.

Thanks,
- Farley