Hi all

I am currently investigating and evaluating a number of options for an
API that will be used by a number of applications, as part of the
restructuring of our technology stack.

I am considering using Sinatra over Rails, and DataMapper over
ActiveRecord, as I want this API to be lightweight, with low memory
usage, and FAST.

I like a lot the combination Sinatra+DataMapper, and the auto_upgrade
is cool.
But how do I go about cleaning up the tables etc when for example I
drop / rename columns, or do other changes besides simply adding a new
column?

I am wondering how to manage things if I can't use ActiveRecord-like
migrations where the versioning is so clear.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!