Hi Tony, thanks for your reply.

In the meantime I have started using Sequel as I found its migrations as
easy as ActiveRecord's and had no issues or difficulties at all using them
with Sinatra.
When I tried with Data Mapper, I couldn't find an easy way of doing the same
using dm-migrations with Sinatra. Would you be so kind as to point me in the
right direction with, possibly, an example?
I haven't done anything on Rails/ Ruby in general for a while because of my
current job, so I may not be up to date with a number of things and would
really appreciate if you could give me some more details.

Thanks in advance
Vito