Hmmm.. No luck with getting around this at the moment with
ParanoidDateTime in my model although dm-types is being loaded. As I
said the usual suspect places for declaring any require statements
within Merb fail to help here and there doesn't appear to be any Class
conflicts with Type..

May fire this off to the Merb list as well to make sure I'm not just
being dappy!