Are there no guidelines in existence for what formats need to be used for
data / information sharing? If data is open, isn't it necessarily in open
formats?

Echo that the letter needs to be sent. But Datameet should next prioritise
advocating for standard open formats for information sharing at the policy
level.

In my work on disability advocacy, most of the time the bills put up asking
for public comments are pdfs created by crooked scans of printouts. It
needs to be transcribed before people with near vision / blindness can read
it. Such a waste.

Nirmita at CIS should be able to advise on universal open formats that
would be equally accessible by disabled people too.

*VAISHNAVI JAYAKUMAR*
http://about.me/vjayakumar