Also, i guess its worthwhile pointing out that if the primary aim is to
prevent inaccurate depiction of India's borders and impose penalties on
those who do, there is already existing legislation which does that.

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/496978/

Plus, the IT act too penalises wrong depiction of boundaries.

it is worth looking at this piece from back in 2007, which talked about the
possibility of such legislation:

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/IRguUu8B1fWHgS8ej3rI5M/Showing-incorrect-map-could-become-a-crime.html