The survey of india puts out a political map of india
<http://www.surveyofindia.gov.in/files/POL_MAP_4M_ENG_WTR.jpg> (here also
<http://www.surveyofindia.gov.in/files/POL_MAP_4M_ENG_WTR.jpg>). These maps
do not acknowledge

   - the LOC between India-Pak (as was agreed on by the Simla agreement of
   1972)
   - Aksai Chin (1993, 1996 agreement) (have to check the latest
   developments on this

In addition, import of incorrect map is prohibited. and the wrong depiction
of territory is a penal offence (1961
<http://mib.gov.in/sites/default/files/criminal%20law%20amendment%20act%2C%201961.pdf>,

1990
<http://mib.gov.in/sites/default/files/The%20Criminal%20Law%20Amendment%20%28Amending%29%20Act%2C1990_0.pdf>
)

The map itself is not copyrightable, being essentially a statement of fact.
Unless the idea is depicted in a very unique way/ format.

Hope this clarifies.