Hello,

I think The Census 1991 PCA ... Primary Census Abstract data was not
available in a collated form anywhere.

hence started working on this and have created combined files in csv format
using Data downloaded from Census website.

Hers is the copy of the readme file that accompanies the data.

==========
Reademe file for Census_1991_PCA Village/Town level data

Source : Census of India Website : Digital Library

Compiled by : Naraina Damle AKA Dilip Damle email : cadvis...@gmail.com

Files Included : 4

All_India.csv
All_states.csv
PCA_URBAN.csv
PCA_Rural.csv

Process done
The individual files were downloaded and cleaned for missing Codes/ Names
etc. and combined.
The Total population was checked and verified at all the levels

Changes done to data :

1. The state codes in individual files did not match the All India and
state level file. Changed them according to all india.
2. Some states do not have Block and Nyaya Panchayat code. Added blank/0
value filed there.
3. All codes except Location code changed to numeric format from padded
text format.
4. Added ISO state codes for easier identification.
5. Created Unique record_ID using ISO State codes and Locationcode
6. No change done to any Data beyond and including the place name

Possible errors :

There could still be some missing Names of Districts/Tehsils etc.

Further improvments will be done later.

Released this Version on 28August2018

May edit this file later with more specific cleaning done.

Hers is the googeldrive link to the data
:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CNh5oaX3efZbW4yo8GXqbufjy57cMR09?usp=sharing

I request interested people to have a look at it and we will rectify any
shortcomings and then load it in the repository.

If you need the MS Access file which I used to work with this data then
send me a private mail.