Hello,

When there already is a data.gov.in initiative, why has NITI Aayog decided
to embark on the NDAP project? How exactly will NDAP be different?

Data.gov.in is a very good initiative but when it comes to datasets, there
are a lot of ministries that put the data there (data.gov.in) and it is
done by choice. But they also put a lot more information on their
(minstry’s) own websites. Some of them have put the data there
(data.gov.in) but there is no compulsion to put data there. Some of the
datasets have been put there for two or three years and discontinued now.
We are picking data directly from the ministry’s website — that will be our
primary source — and convert them and standardise the format. Also, there
are a lot of data on state government websites that are not captured at
all, and we will be having data from there also.

https://factordaily.com/niti-aayogs-avik-sarkar-aims-for-democratized-data-led-discussion-and-analytics-in-india/