Name: Marko Hrastovec
Subject: Re: Unaccessible pages and documents

Hi!

I have tried to set up categories and have come to many problems.

When nothing worked I switched on MySQL query log and found out the following:

If I try to search in categories the following query is issued:
SELECT dict.url_id,dict.intag
FROM dict, url, urlinfo ic, categories c
WHERE dict.word = 'test'
  AND url.rec_id=dict.url_id
  AND (c.path LIKE '01%')
  AND url.rec_id=ic.url_id
  AND c.rec_id=CAST(ic.sval AS integer)
  AND ic.sname='Category'
ORDER BY url_id,intag;

If I try this query in MySQL I get an error in CAST function. When I changed it
to CAST(ic.sval AS UNSIGNED integer) the query can be executed but still no
results are returned.

I looked further and found out that un table urlinfo there are no records with
sname value set to 'Category'. That is why I always get an empty result when I
try to search in categories.

I suspect this is a bug or I don't know how to properly configure these
categories. I have created categories with cat_ed.pl and added Category and
CategoryIf lines into indexer.conf. indexer.conf is the right configuration
file, right?

Thanks for bothering with my problems
Marko

Read the full topic here: