*Greetings from Robert,*

Job: Linux Systems Engineer

Duration: 6+ Months

Location: San Jose, CA

Responsibilities:

Define, design and build enterprise quality install/upgrade software for
the  Video product line that generates significant revenue. You will
champion new methodologies and create scalable software solutions that
interact with widely deployed Internet products, thereby touching an endless
number of users worldwide. The ideal candidate must understand the Linux and
System Level tools to write installers, upgrade. In addition, the candidate
must understand system level performance tools to fine tune system for
different functions. Chosen candidate will join a small high performance
team at the early stages of a new and exciting product line.

Responsible for creating the upgrade, fresh installs, backup/restore and
monitoring tools. Candidate will work closely with a team of software
engineers and marketing to develop new features based on customer
requirements.

Requirements:

• Requires a strong background and hands on experience with Linux, Shell
Scripting, Python • VMWare / Virtualization •  Prior experience in
writing upgrade, install process • Automation of Upgrade and Install
testing • Requires understanding of configuring Tomcat, Streaming server
etc.

• Understand various backup/restore technologies & integration of these
technologies • Design customer-driven software solutions that must be
re-usable, extendible, and scalable • Develop products through the entire
development life cycle • Work closely with the product team during the
concept and design phases • Must have development experience on Linux and
Windows platform • Strong software debugging skills and the ability to
analyze relatively complex problems at the system level • Strong
communication skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a
distributed team

Desirable:

• Understand Java • Streaming protocols RTP, RTSP • Knowledge of HTML,
XHTML, DHTML, JavaScript, CSS and AJAX • Experience with any of the
following a plus: Hibernate, Web Services, SQL databases

*With Regards,*

* *

*Robert **|**Resource Co-ordinator **|**Platinum Infosys Inc*

*Email: rob...@platinuminfosys.com **| **Phone: *214-550-0248* **|** Fax: *
214–260–1160* *

*Visit us @ www.platinuminfosys.com*
*” and include your “original e-mail address/addresses” in the subject
inconvenience if any caused. Thank You.
*