On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 01:36 PM, Stephen R. Wilcoxon wrote:

On Tue 2003/01/14 16:14:51 EST, Matthew Simon Cavalletto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:
Representation is kind of long-winded, and I'm not sure it communicates
the text-centric nature of the code in question, but I could live with
it.
Agreed (Representation is longer than I'd prefer).

Here are a few other candidate namespace options -- do any stand out?
   DateTime::Format::MySQL->parse( ... )
   DateTime::Representation::MySQL->parse( ... )
   DateTime::String::MySQL->parse( ... )
   DateTime::Text::MySQL->parse( ... )
I don't like String or Text as it is possible that there could be a format
that is not text. Of the four, I prefer Format (although I can see Dave's
point about some people getting confused).
Form, Formats, Idiom, Type, Mode, Style, Trans, Translate, IO, ...

Form is concise, works as noun & verb.

Formats (w/ 's') doesn't have the problem Dave pointed to for Format.

IO?
  - Bruce

__bruce__van_allen__santa_cruz__ca__