On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Jonathan Leffler wrote:

> JL: What about something based on Periodic instead or Recurrence?
> DateTime::PeriodicEvent?
> DateTime::Event::Periodic?  Something along those lines...
>
> I'd also suggest 'Recurring' in preference to 'Recurrence'.

Well, the more I think of it I realize that's not really a recurrence, per
se.  It's just that it's a group of related holidays.  Recurrence makes me
think of recurrences as handled by DateTime::Set, which is related, but
only sometimes ;)

So given all that, I'm starting to think I might like
"DateTime::EventLibrary".

> Nomenclature is important, isn't it?

Oh yes.  It's one of my obsessions, as some on this list may have already
guessed.

One of them most important (perhaps #1) aspects of code design is proper
naming.  This applies to both internals and APIs, but for APIs it's
obviously doubly important.  Good naming greatly simplifies doc writing.
Bad naming leads to lots and lots of confusing docs.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com