Hello All,

I can't find the past posts, so please do not ambush me when I ask something that someone else might have asked before.

I noticed that DateTime.pm automatically normalize dates. For example if one were to enter 13 as month, it automatically add one year to the current year, and change the month to january.

This makes date and time validation impossible since wrong dates and time will be valid regardless. I would like to make all my web applications to all use DateTime.pm, but find myself needing to use other packages such as Date::EzDate to validate user input date.

Are there any plans in the future to modify DateTime so that one can opt to turn normalization off? Or perhaps by default normalize but give a way to let the developer know that the date has been normalized?

Connie