Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

I'm not really excited about this proposed feature. If it is included the loading of DT::F::Simple should be deferred until parse_datetime is called.

That is another reason why I suggest not having the parser() and parse() methods in DT at all. For people who never need to parse random date strings, they only "use DateTime;" and they are done; everyone else does "use DateTime::Format;" as well. The latter "use" would then take an array of additional Format modules to use when parsing (if desired).

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group