* Bruce Van Allen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [15 Jul 2003 04:55]:

[...]
> 6. All parsers fail (return undef) if they can't parse a
>    string, both for good programming practice and to allow
>    falling through to the next specified/available parser
>    module;

I'm yet to see a consistent method of handling errors in
Perl modules. Whether an error is thrown or undef is
returned, fall through is quite possible (eval).

What do people think parsers should return if they can't
parse? And what if they do parse, but DateTime doesn't want
to create an object of the appropriate specification?

Should we wrap our methods in evals and return undef?

Should we just throw errors?

[...]

cheers,
--