It was Thursday, August 07, 2003 when Matthew McGillis took the soap box, saying:
:
: I'm not sure anyone is interested but I thought I would pass this
: along. I have started using Class::DBI and was hoping I could also
: use DateTime with it. Class::DBI has some hooks to allow for any type
: of Object to represent Time. However the one limitation it has is
: that you must be able to call a method with no parameters to produce
: the proper output for the database. So the only way I could use
: DateTime with it is if $datetime->somename() produces the correct
: format for the database I'm using.

This is not true, you can also pass a code reference, any code
reference.

__PACKAGE__->has_a( time_stamp => 'DateTime',
                    inflate    => sub { ... },
                    deflate    => sub { ... },
                  );

  Casey West

--
Shooting yourself in the foot with Assembly Language
You try to shoot yourself in the foot only to discover you must first