On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 11:32:15PM -0500, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> > Maybe that looks more sane to you?
>
> What makes no sense is for BEGIN to show up as a significant chunk of the
> time it would take to do anything, since this stuff should only happen
> once.  I'm somewhat skeptical that Devel::DProf is working, or works
> properly at all in general.

It's working okay but unhelpfully... Devel::DProf records the name of the
sub only when it's first called (naturally, for performance reasons).

The problem with BEGIN blocks is that they're called once *then freed*
and then the same address is then reused for the next sub definition.

Probably easy to fix but I've never had the time.

Tim.