For my 2-cents, returning the time in the same zone of the DT-object you passed in, makes the most sense. If you're focusing on the astronomy, you probably already used UTC. If you don't know UTC from a potted-plant, it will still work right for you.

Steve W.

Matt Sisk wrote:
Hill, Ronald wrote:

As for sunrise it's up to the group as to what to do.
[see my other post on this]

As I said, having the behavior well documented is acceptable to me. From an astronomical caclulation point of view (i.e. using the results for further calculations), you'd expect UTC results. From a "joe user what time will the sun rise" point of view, this might not be the case.

Matt