Hi DateTimers,

I'm looking for a package that will allow a web application to accommodate
lots of different time zones very easily and DateTime looked nice. A few
questions:

1) I've installed all of the pre-requisites for DateTime on a RedHat 9 box
and now when I try to perl Makefile.PL for 0.1705 I get:

Testing if you have a C compiler
make: *** No rule to make target `testub'.  Stop.

It also fails to detect a C compiler or pod2man, although right before this
I had just installed all of the pre-reqs for this module which had shown no
errors.

I have a C compiler and pod2man and the path to these (/usr/bin) is in my
environment. Any ideas would be appreciated. I even tried bumping DateTime
to 0.1703 but no luck.  If this isn't just something stupid I've missed or
messed up, then I can post more complete information on what perl
Makefile.PL is saying and the pre-req versions I have installed today.

2) I read Dave's article (The Many Dates and Times of Perl) which was very
helpful -- and it seemed like he was concerned with how large the existing
modules got under mod_perl.  Do you have any sort of benchmarks or
estimations on how much RAM DateTime & DateTime::TimeZone will add to an
app? It seems like having hundreds of modules for the time zone conversions
could add up fast.

I really don't need a lot of the advanced functionality that DateTime
provides, I basically just want to be able to convert a stored UTC time into
various time zones based on the Olson zones. Am I using the right tool?

Thanks,

Matt