Is there a module/routine to do this? From .NET Framework SDK documentation: "Time values are measured in 100-nanosecond units called ticks, and a particular date is the number of ticks since 12:00 midnight, January 1, 1 C.E. in the GregorianCalendar calendar. For example, a ticks value of 31241376000000000L represents the date, Friday, January 01, 0100 12:00:00 midnight."

Of all the 64bit timestamp I've seen (others include TAI, NTP, PostgreSQL, Firebird, Win32 FILETIME), I've kind of like this one because the range and precision usually "feels right" for my needs/applications.

--
dave