On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, David Garamond wrote:

> Is there a module/routine to do this? From .NET Framework SDK
> documentation: "Time values are measured in 100-nanosecond units called
> ticks, and a particular date is the number of ticks since 12:00
> midnight, January 1, 1 C.E. in the GregorianCalendar calendar. For
> example, a ticks value of 31241376000000000L represents the date,
> Friday, January 01, 0100 12:00:00 midnight."

This should be relatively simple to do, but I'm sure the current API makes
it easy.  Basically, it'd be something like:

  (86400 * (Rata Die days) + (seconds) + (leap seconds so far)) * 10_000_000

Getting that last bit of information can be done via the
DateTime::LeapSecond package distributed with DateTime.pm, but DateTime.pm
internally gets this information from a quicker XS implementation.

I suppose I could add a method for this if there's a need.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com