On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Geoffrey Young wrote:

It should do that, but there seems to be something wrong:

with recent versions (the ones that existed before this weekend's release) I get very similar sizes using nstore:

-rw-rw-r--    1 geoff    geoff         180 Feb 28 14:02 stored-nonutc
-rw-rw-r--    1 geoff    geoff         159 Feb 28 14:02 stored-utc

with DT 0.12 (an old version I happen to have lying around) it's much different:

-rw-rw-r--    1 geoff    geoff       31143 Feb 28 13:59 stored-nonutc
-rw-rw-r--    1 geoff    geoff         820 Feb 28 13:59 stored-utc

so somewhere in there it looks like things got much better, and that things
are working well currently.  but maybe using freeze/thaw has different results.

All the Storable methods go through those hooks, so it should always work.