On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Rick Brewer wrote:

Thanks for the input. Ron Hill and I have been working to get some install issues on a Windows platform using ActiveState Perl resolved. The DateTime::TimeZone module delivers JUST the functionality we need. Hard to test if we cannot get it installed, though.

Ah, the joy of Windows. Ron already knows what the problems are, I think.

Dave (or anyone else) - what kind of "transaction rate" do you see using DateTime with your clients? I guess what I am looking for is how many times

No idea. The stuff I've used it for is not super high traffic. Some of the apps are fairly demanding overall so I don't know that we'd see any particular slowdown from using DT in them.