On 8/16/05 8:01 PM, Rick Measham wrote:
> add_calendar() (aliased to add()) sounds like a good name for the old
> behaviour (local for ymd, UTC for hmsn) as we're adding according the
> the calender.

I was thinking add_calendar() would be local for ymd and hmsn...but maybe
I'm confused.  Basically, as far as add_calendar() is concerned, "add one
day" means "point to the next box on the wall calendar," and "add one hour"
means "what time will it be one hour from now?"  This is all from the
perspective of a "local" person.  When we "fall back" in DST, for example,
"one hour from now" will be, well, "now" (if we just consider the time).

-John